PM Jan Dhan Account Facility – Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, more than 41.20 crore accounts have been opened across the country so far. An amount of Rs 1,31,639 crore has been deposited in these bank accounts. The government started this scheme in 2015 to connect people and families of the country who do not have a bank account with the banking system.
PM Jan Dhan Account Facility : These facilities, including overdraft, insurance are available on the account of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
1.26 lakh bank friends across the country have been entrusted with the responsibility of connecting people with Jan Dhan accounts. More than 20 crore women accounts have also been opened under this scheme.
During the Corona period, between April and June, the government deposited 500 rupees per month in the account of more than 20 crore women. During the lockdown, the government provided this help to the poor to overcome the cash problem. These accounts have been used for benefit transfer of all government schemes. Apart from this, people get many facilities under these bank accounts (PM Jan Dhan Account Facility).
These facilities are provided (PM Jan Dhan Account Facility)
- Under this scheme (PM Jan Dhan Account Facility) the beneficiary opens a basic saving bank account in the bank. This account can only be opened by those who do not have an account with any other bank.
- There is no need to maintain any minimum balance in these accounts. The interest on the amount deposited in these is also paid by the bank to the account holder.
- Rupees debit card is provided to the account holder under this scheme. Under this scheme, the account holder is currently given an accident insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh. Earlier it was only one lakh rupees. This facility is available only if you have used a debit card given by the bank.
- Life insurance cover of Rs 30,000 is also available on account opening under this scheme. Apart from this, overdraft of Rs 10,000 is also available in the accounts of Jan Dhan Yojana. However, it is necessary to have Aadhar card linked to the bank account.
- Open accounts under this scheme (PM Jan Dhan Account Facility) are eligible for direct benefit transfer of any scheme from the government. The benefits of schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana can also be availed through open accounts under Jan Dhan Yojana.
Link your Aadhar card with PM jandhan account
If you have not linked your bank account to Aadhaar, then you can visit your nearest bank branch or post office. There you will be filled with a form linking Aadhaar to the bank account. After submitting it, your Aadhaar will be linked to the bank account.